Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone! 
Today people finalize their resolutions and prepare for what they think will be the first successful year. In reality? It will probably be just like every other year when we make it into February and something deters us from our grand resolutions and they become merely the grand desires we had for 2014. That is why I've chosen to do something different this year. I still have a few resolutions that I plan to work on, and maybe I'll make it past the dreaded February resolution crusher, but here's a new idea for you New Year. 
This year I want to go on a sort of adventure. An adventure that can be fulfilled wherever I am, and only involves me. This adventure is a self discovery adventure. I want to figure myself out more. What makes me the person I am? What truly means something to me? Where am I going in my life and what are my plans to get there? 
So how does this adventure work? Well, each month I will choose something about me that I want to understand better. During that month I may ask friends on Facebook, search things on the Internet, or just ponder on what those things mean to me. Over the course of the month I'll write these things down, probably in my journal (thus fulfilling one of my resolutions :D) and then I'll post my findings here. I think this will make for a more meaningful "New Years Resolution" and will make for a much more meaningful year. 
Good luck to everyone who is making resolutions, and once more before the big event, 
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment